There are many useful things both new and current families should know about the PTA and Wyngate.
- What Does the PTA Do?
- Where can I find information about Wyngate’s policies on attendance, visiting the school, drop-off/pick-up, and other school-related matters?
- How do I find out about Emergency and Early Closing/Delayed Openings?
Emergency and Early Closing Information
MCPS Newsline: (301) 279-3673
Radio: WMAL 630 AM, WRC 980 AM
Television: Channels 4, 7, 8, 9, 24, 27, 29, 52
Web Site: www.schools-out.com
- How do I contact MCPS? Are there other helpful phone numbers I should know?
Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS)
850 Hungerford Drive, Rockville, MD 20850
Other Helpful Phone Numbers
- Community Use of Schools (240) 777-2706
- Curriculum & Instruction (301) 279-3411
- ESOL (301) 230-0670
- Information Office (301) 279-3391
- Magnet Programs (301) 279-3163
- One-Stop Call Center (301) 309-6277
- Safe School Hotline (301) 517-5995
- School Announcements (301) 279-3673
- Special Education (301) 279-3135
- Student & Community Services (301) 279-3604
- TDD (301) 279-3323
- Transportation (Central) (301) 840-8130
- What do I need to know about entering the school?
The Visitor Management System has been upgraded as part of the MCPS comprehensive safety protocols being implemented this school year. Directions are included for your convenience.
The first time a visitor enters a school, they will need to register using the Visitor Management System. The registration process includes scanning a state issued ID which triggers a scan against the sex offender database, taking a photograph, noting who in the building they are visiting and why, and receiving a printed badge with their name and picture.
All subsequent times a visitor enters a school, the visitor will need to check in. This process is simplified as the photo taken during registration is saved and reused.
- Are there homework assistance programs available?
For 33 years, Homework Hotline Live (HHL) has helped tens of thousands of students in kindergarten through 12th grade by offering free after-school homework help from MCPS teachers. HHL uses the the web, a mobile app and cable TV to offer students live one-on-one homework help. When HHL is on TV, students can phone in questions and see and hear the teachers while working through problems together. For more information, please visit the MCPS website here.
Students have several ways to reach HHL:
- Call: 301-279-3234
- Web: AskHHL.org
- Homework Hotline Live app
- Text: 724-427-5445 (7244-ASK-HHL)
- Email: question@AskHHL.org